These are the images as they were originally submitted to the client.
Here is what the images looked like after I finished making the modifications the client wanted.
This was digitally scanned traditional art. The archaeopteryx was supposed to be the size of a chicken, so the client (Glencoe/McGraw-Hill) wanted the animal reduced in size.
This was digitally scanned traditional art. The boy's legs needed to be lengthened to make him look more natural.
The photo's layout needed to be changed to fit into the page design. I moved the man to a new layer and cloned the background to cover the empty space.